Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Niqab - This is how it's done.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Dear friends,
at last, I managed to take all this pictures and edited them, just for you. It's not that easy to set the camera on self-timer and then posed in front of it. Really awkward and quite tedious.

However, promise is a promise and it is wajib to be fulfilled. So... let's see the step by step of putting the hijab until it can be twisted to make a niqab.

1 - Take a big 60" square hijab and fold it like this:


2 - Pin it under your chin and make sure one side is 1/3 shorter than the other.


3 - Pull the longer side to the opposite side


4 - Pull it up on top of your head and...


5 - pull until the end of that side is like how I show in this picture.


6 - Then use a safety pin or any cute pin (like the one I'm using) to pin the hijab a little bit above your ear or a bit lower than you eye level.


6a - Be careful


7 - See the pin there and to form a niqab, just do it like this. Sorry, I don't know how to explain it.


7a - Pull it to the other side. Make sure it's a bit looser to avoid suffocation (hehehe, never experience it).


8 - It will look like this at the other side.


8a - Use a straight pin and push it there to secure your niqab. Please be careful.


9 - It's finish but I just want to show you that there's some space for air to cool your face because wearing this style is different from a half niqab.


10 - There... I'm done!


11 - This is how it looks like at the back. This is my sister being my model for my first attempt of making this post. I forgot to snap a pic of me in this pose yesterday.


I hope all who have been asking me about this will be satisfied. I took all the picture yesterday in my office during my rest time and edited some of them just now. It's so easy for me since the first time I wear this style two years ago. I hope you can try it too. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy