Sunday, March 22, 2009

My New Abaya (1)

Assalamualaikum everyone. I pray that all of you are in good health and experience wonderful things everyday. I'm currently a bit busy with my preparation for the coming exam but I still spare some time to blog and visit some of you. Just to share my story...

Yesterday, I stumbled upon an Islamic shop (but sadly, the girl at the counter wears skimpy clothing with a 'tudung' on) selling all kinds of hijabs, abayas, jilbabs, accessories and basically things that Muslim women would swoon to have. I was on my way to renew my shop's license at the ROC's office in the 3rd. floor of Seri Mutiara Complex and right after I get out of the lift on that floor, there's this shop, captivating my eyes. Well, the thing is, they hang some really gorgeous abayas in front of their shop. I couldn't resist, I need to stop and have a look.

Since my main intention going there is to renew the license, I leave the shop and force my feet to the ROC. Lucky day! There weren't many people so the process was really quick. I then hurry back to the shop. Wow! They have so many beautiful abayas. I couldn't even choose which one I wanted most. The price is RM99.00 each but the girl said that she'll give a lower price if I buy more. Well, I know... whatever, after an hour of trying and choosing, I grabbed 3 abayas, hehehe.

Alhamdulillah she kept her promise and I got quite a reasonable price for each. Here's one of the abaya that I bought and I'm wearing it today. Don't laugh but this abaya is size SX, that's the right size for me although I can also wear size S with a little renovation (correction: ALTERATION) at the hemline. Don't worry, they have up to size XXL.

When I showed them to my family and I have 5 sisters (currently 4 are at home), a mother who also love my abayas and also 2 'bibik' or maid, all of them wanted to buy my new 'babies'. Oh, NO! Sorry, I can't sell them but if they like I can help to buy for them and I already have a few orders. Hahaha.

Below are the close-up of the busts and the sleeves area and the other one is the hemline (click on image for a bigger shot). Gorgeous design using beads and sequines and the material is really soft and light. Don't ask, I really don't know the type of it. It's a bit difficult to wash though - hand wash is needed if you want the decoration to last longer.



I'll be posting an updates about my other two abayas, just wait and see. If you'd like to get this abaya, I can help you to buy them but you have to cover the postage. anyone interested? They have 6 or 7 different design on the same abaya pattern.

If you are interested, email me at hanniaziz@yahoo.com

Enjoy this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy