Sunday, March 22, 2009

Islamic Design Trend: the balloon sleeve abaya

Whether ending at the elbow (this is my fave and I love the flowers embroidered on this silky Dubai version---not the non-hijab hijab though)... or starting at it...
Either fully ballooned like this Arabesque creation pcitured below or just ballooned at the sleeve like this munaqaba's with teal velvet inserts balloon sleeves are new trend for abayas. Do you like it, or is it too Shakespearian for you? I'm a fan of the first two. The full balloon is too much for my petite frame. There is also the balloon cut abaya which is a very elegant Omani design that I love... and which suits skinny short girls like me to a tee, and also look elegant on thin tall girls. The fuller balloon sleeves suit a bigger woman, and look playful on her, while on some very small, one gets lost in all the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy