Saturday, October 24, 2009

Batik: Today I fell in love

In Malaysia, besides Terengganu, Kelantan is also well known for its BATIK. If you have a chance to visit Kota Bharu, the State Capital city, you can found batik stores everywhere. There's even one shopping bazaar solely for batik products. It is called Bazar Buluh Kubu.

Anyway, what I want to tell you is I went shopping at one of the well known batik manufacturer in Kelantan, NORDIN BATIK. Although I'm Kelantanese, I am a rare breed who does not like wearing batik, hehe. In my wardrobe I do have a few 'baju kurung' made from batik but all of them are gifts from someone I know. I have never bought my own batik but I like seeing people wearing it. And batik is really unique and beautiful especially the one made at Nordin Batik.

Since I don't have any experience buying batik, I asked my colleagues to accompany me so that they can be my adviser. Yes, they wear batik regularly to work.

The main purpose of my visit there is to buy some batik for a friend. She requested for a set of batik for her family and I am willing to help. It was really fun going there and we felt like we're tourists that came to buy some souvenirs. And do you know what? I FELL IN LOVE.

Yes, I fell in love with these two caftans.


And ended buying them with a special discounts. The feel of the material is heavenly because it is Jacquard silk. I never knew that I can be so happy wearing batik. And this is the first time that I buy a caftan that suits me very well, you can see in the pics above. Mine is the green one but I also bought the blue one for my sister.

Here are a few pics that I've took during my visit this morning. The couple in the pic is Tuan Haji Nordin and wife, the owner of the store. And that abaya is for sale! I saw this abaya immediately after I stepped in to the store.

I think I would already buy it if the size is S but it is L and the price is MYR255, huhu... but very pretty. Just click on the pic if you want to see a bigger and clearer image. The pics quality is not very good because I use my handphone to snap the pics.

I took many pics but I think that would be enough for this entry. Let's go batik!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy