Thursday, March 4, 2010

Under The Abaya

Assalamualaikum everyone... may all of you have a happy day wherever you are.

It's really hot in Malaysia. People tend to stay at home more than going outside. You can easily get a headache after a few minutes of walking under the bright sun. Please use an umbrella if you plan to do lots of walking because in this weather, becoming sick is so easy and took a longer time to get better.

When it's hot, people like to wear less clothing or clothes made from materials which are suitable with the weather. As a Muslim, and an abaya wearer, alhamdulillah I can adapt very well with the hot weather even though I'm wearing all black. However, I wear more pastel coloured jilbabs during this season especially in daytime but if I go out at night, it would be more black abayaat.

Some friends asked me about my clothes under the abaya? They said, they are so hot in their baju kurung and wondering how I can be so normal in my abaya. Normal as in I never said that I'm feeling warm or complaining about the condition. So... here is my secret, Under The Abaya.







My tips are:
  • wear skirts or pants made from linen or cotton
  • wear tops or dresses also made from line or cotton
  • linen and cotton are very light materials and they can absorb sweat quickly
  • maxi can be a good choice too.
  • sleeveless tops or dresses are also my favourites
Well those are what I wore under my abaya. So far, I have no problem walking around under the scorching sun even though I'm wearing a black abaya. Ops, another thing is, I use a 100% pashmina or a cotton hijab because the usual rectangular shayla can easily make your head warm.

That's all. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy