Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ladies, you hurt my eyes!


"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. (30)

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss. (31) "

Assalamualaikum to all my friends and visitors. Thank you for still visiting me at KakChik's Wardrobe. Alhamdulillah everything is quite good over here except for the weather that is getting hotter by the days and water supplies are start having problem. Nevertheless, life is still great and I finally can rest for a while after finishing my mid-term exam yesterday.

I don't think I've mention here what I'm studying about. Well, although I already have a degree in Computer Science & Management, I am also interested in Early Childhood Education. And currently I'm doing my diploma in ECE with one more year to go.

Anyway, what I'm really want to talk about is about this kind of fashion. This idea was triggered yesterday when I saw a fellow classmates wearing their clothes just like the girls in the pictures below. I'm so sorry for putting these pics here but I think by using them as examples, my point will be more easily understand.


You are wearing clothes but you cover nothing!
How can men lower their gazes when you show yourselves like this?
I know you know about our obligation to cover our self properly according to Islamic hijab but I don't know why you interpret it like this. Or... don't you understand it?

All pics source: Google

Day by day I keep seeing more and more Muslim women in my country wearing this type of fashion. Simply say, "cover but not covering at all". There's no meaning of wearing that headscarf on your head when your clothes have done nothing in the way of hiding those curves. Sad really, because I'm paralyzed to even give nasihah to these sisters whom I met in class and in town. I'm getting angry with my self for being so helpless although I know that reminding them is my duty as a fellow Muslim.

One thing that's very clear to me is, YOU HURT MY EYES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy