Sunday, February 15, 2009

Niqaab - Dedicated to Asha

Assalamualaikum my friends and wish you all a very happy and prosperous day.

This post is specially dedicated to Asha but anyone can read it too.

Hubby and Me during our bookfair.

Yesterday a friend asked where to get a niqaab and did I make them myself? I've already wrote my answer in my comment box for the previous post. As a Muslim sister I wish to help anyone in need especially if the person is going to do something that will make her closer to Allah.

9 of my niqaabs.

Insya-Allah I'm going to make 2 posts about the niqaab. The first post which is this one is about my niqaab; where did I bought them, who sew them etc. While in the second post I shall features some information about where you can buy niqaab with different styles. Insya-Allah. I hope I can do that just in one go but looking at my current work schedule, maybe that wouldn't be possible.

Ok, as promised, here are all my hand-made niqaabs Malaysian style. I made them myself. I bought a 1 3/4 m of 60" wide comfy material and made a hijab and a niqaab from it. It's really easy to make and I wish I have time to show it but... I don't know, not today.

All this niqaab were sewn with a matching circular hijab. You can see the light green one that I wore in the first picture on top.

The shimmery niqaab was for my wedding and I still wear it time to time for a formal events.

Although I love to have those niqaab from the Middle East, I still cound't find a shop selling them here and I'm sure I don't have time to sew anymore niqaab. All of my niqaabs were well-worn for over 5 years. The colours are getting lighter by years.

That's it. My niqaabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Model of the World Muslim Clothing | Privacy Policy